OHC Employment Opportunities
Part Time 30 Hours per week
The Oswego Heritage Council (OHC) was founded in 1970 with the mission “To assure and promote the preservation of our history and culture”. Situated in downtown Lake Oswego, the Oswego Heritage House, along with its museum and historical rose garden make for a comfortable and friendly gathering venue for numerous, ongoing community meetings and serves as a beautiful rental site for weddings, receptions, and reunions. The OHC Museum brings specific historical references to light in order to educate and create interest in local history. OHC has two established annual events, the Collector Car and Classic Boat Show and the Lake Oswego Historic Home Tour, and a monthly lecture series.
The Executive Director serves as the administrator of the Oswego Heritage Council and reports directly to the OHC President and Board of Directors. The Executive Director serves as an ambassador for OHC in the community to support the mission of OHC. This is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of a dynamic non-profit in a beautiful community rich with history.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Daily management of Oswego Heritage Council administrative tasks
- Daily management of the Oswego Heritage House
- Management of OHC’s collection consisting of historic objects and archives.
- Develop and implement exhibits for the museum within the Heritage House
- Membership development and retention, both Individual and business
- Research, identify and apply for grant opportunities
- Fundraising support and development
- Respond to event rental inquiries and manage bookings and contracts
- Expand volunteer base
- Identify and pursue publicity
- Website administration
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community organizations and schools
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in non-profit management, history/arts/culture organization experience preferred
- Experience with interpretation, museum exhibits and collection management preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of social media and website management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work a variety of hours, including some evenings and weekends
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Oswegoheritage@gmail.com.