2016 Annual Meeting Information & Proxy
We hope you will join us on January 23 at 9:00 a.m. at the Heritage House for the Annual Meeting. The following is the schedule of events:
- 9:00 a.m.: Coffee and pastries
- 9:30 a.m.: Meeting begins with a review of past accomplishments, plans for the upcoming year and voting on organization matters
- 10:00 a.m.: Special Presentation by Mike Buck on the history and geology of Iron Mountain
- 10:30 a.m.: Prosser Ore Cart Dedication
- 10:45 a.m.: Special members only first look at the Edward Curtis exhibit that will open February 1, 2016. This exhibit is part of Lake Oswego Reads 2016 program featuring Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher by Timothy Egan.
Vote by Proxy
Please review the following two proposals and vote using the electronic form that follows.
Proposal No. 1 - Election of Officers and Directors
All of the below appointments have consented to be nominated and to run for election as designated.
- Candee Clark Jones - President
- Tom O'Connor - 1st Vice-President
- Bonnie Trumbull - 2nd Vice-President
- Judy Hathaway - Secretary
- Don Schmidt - Treasurer
- Denise Bober
Proposal No. 2 - Bylaws
The State of Oregon Department of Justice asks that all non-profits evaluate their Bylaws periodically. It has been a significant time since we did that so we have rewritten the Bylaws to bring them current.
The Highlights of OHC’s new Bylaws are:
- Updated definition of membership
- Enhanced objectives of Oswego Heritage Council
- Future procedures for Bylaws and amendments if needed
- Change in Board of Directors count to a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 25
- Redefined voting quorum at meetings
Electronic Vote by Proxy
Please click the box indicating your vote for each proposal and type your name below where indicated (* indicates a required field).